The registered owner of the car must be present and bring some ID with them (a driving licence or passport).
Yes, but you will require a letter of authorisation from the owner. The bank details must match the same name as the registered keeper on the V5 logbook/registration certificate. We also need three forms of ID for the owner (one original photo ID and two proof of address items dated in the last 3 months) and three forms of ID from the person selling the vehicle on their behalf (one original photo ID and two proof of address items dated in the last 3 months).
We realise this can be an incredibly emotional and stressful time. To help the process go smoothly, please make sure you have power of attorney or probate (instruction in the will of the vehicle being passed to you). We also legally need to see the death certificate, so please being this along too.
Yes, it can. We will still require a deposit to reserve the vehicle, however we will refund this on completion of purchase.
We can arrange settlement of any outstanding finance on your car. Please note that you will need to provide an ‘in date’ letter detailing a current settlement figure from your finance company. The settlement amount will be deducted from the amount paid to you, for your car. We will pay your finance company within 4 working days after the day of sale, however it may take your finance company 5-10 working days to credit the funds to your account and provide final clearance.
Yes, we will, however, if you want to keep your private plate it's easy to reassign it to another car or to put the registration onto a retention certificate so that it can be sold or reassigned at a later date. You would need to complete this with the DVLA prior to selling to us.
To find out more about personalised registrations and locate your local DVLA office, visit the DVLA website.
It's important that we establish that the person selling the vehicle is actually the owner, therefore we require the following details:
- Three forms of identification. One must be an original photo ID such as a passport. You must also provide two proof of address items; accepted forms include a utility bill or council tax letter dated within the last 90 days. Please note they must match the name and address on the logbook.
- Road Tax disc
- Both sets of car keys if available. The valuation provided assumes you have 2 sets of keys for your vehicle unless you told us otherwise via the condition assessment. Please note if this is not the case and you only have one key for your vehicle the price we offer you after inspection may be reduced, for this reason
- All service history and MOT certificates if available
- Bank details
- V5 logbook/registration certificate. If the V5 logbook/registration certificate is still in the owner's maiden name, you will need to bring a copy of your marriage certificate.
- If the vehicle has any finance outstanding we will require a letter with the settlement figure from the finance company
We include any remaining Road Fund License in the valuation given for your part-exchange.
Yes - as long as your part-exchange vehicle is in a roadworthy condition with a current MOT and Road Fund License.
Yes. There's no charge for this service just pop down to your nearest CarShop with the car you require to be valued.
Yes but we can only do this in-store.
Put simply - Yes we will.
Yes - provided that you arrange to bring them to one of our stores.
Yes we will - in-store only. For home delivery the vehicle must be roadworthy.
We will accept vehicles with any mileage.
Put simply, Yes. We will appraise your car and give you a fair market price for it based on its condition, age and mileage coupled with up-to-the-minute auction data. We can then buy your car from you at this price with no obligation to purchase another car from us. However we may be able to give you a better deal if you decide to purchase a new car from us using your part-exchange as part of the deal.
We're afraid not. As soon as we accept a car in part-exchange it is sent for resale. We will endeavour to return your vehicle but in most circumstances we will pay you back to the value of your part-exchange.
If more than 7 days have elapsed since your part-exchange valuation then you will need to start the process again and request a new valuation.
We will still buy your car as long as it is registered in the UK. Bear in mind that models and specifications vary from country to country, so the price may differ from that of a UK supplied car in some circumstances.
> There are two types of import: a "parallel" import (i.e. purchased within the EU) and a "grey" import (i.e. purchased outside the EU). However, ‘Parralel’ & "grey" imports will require a manual valuation. If your car is a "grey" import it's not a problem - if you are unsure then please contact one of our agents.
Yes, we will need you to bring along the following:
- A form of photo identification for the person bringing the car
- Letter signed from the company director giving authorisation for that person to sell on their behalf
- Company account details e.g. bank paying in book or company bank statement
- VAT Invoice (if VAT regeistered)
- Two forms of identification for the business address
- Road Tax disc
- Both sets of car keys if available
- All service history and MOT certificates if available
- V5 logbook/registration certificate
Not at the moment, we only buy cars registered in mainland England, Scotland and Wales.
We cannot purchase any car without the original V5 document (log book).
If you do not have one you can obtain a new document by filling in form V62 which you can download from the DVLA or pick up from any Post Office. The completed form and appropriate fee should be sent to DVLA, Swansea SA99 1AR. It normally takes 3 to 4 weeks to obtain a new V5.
If you owe more on your finance than the value of the car, we will still be happy to buy the car, but you will need to pay us the shortfall by debit card when we purchase your car.
No. We can only pay money to the legal owner of the vehicle. If you are acting as an agent on behalf of the owner then we will only make payment to the legal owner's instructed bank account.
No. Unfortunately we do not currently collect cars.
CarShop use criteria identical to that applied by www.webuyanycar.com when it provides its on-line valuations, when inputting car details. We take into account and check for the following things:
- Any exterior damage such as scratches, scuffs, dents or bumps on the bodywork and wheels, alongside any interior damage
- Mechanical issues
- Whether the car has ever been used for private hire, driving instruction, rental, or as a police car
- Registration date and origination
- Number of previous owners
- Number of keys
- Service history and upcoming MOT date
- Any previous impacts to insurance
- Private registration plate
We’ll check the information with you and agree it; we’ll then use that information to obtain an online valuation from www.webuyanycar.com. Don’t worry as we’ll involve you in this process to ensure all the information entered properly reflects a true report of the agreed condition of your car.
No, sadly not. As we guarantee to beat the www.webuyanycar.com valuation, generated using a true report of condition after deduction of their applicable fees, we won’t be able to negotiate any further. But because of our process you can guarantee you’re getting a cracking deal.