CarShop Website Usage
Welcome to the CarShop Website. This Agreement is a legal document and describes the conditions of use applicable to Your use of the Website and the Services. Please read this Agreement carefully. By accessing the Website You agree to be bound by this Agreement. These terms and conditions were last amended on 12th October 2011 and are effective.
1.1 In this Agreement the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:-
"Content" the general content contained in the Website and the content contained as part of the Services .
"CarShop", "We" & "Us" is Car Shops Limited whose registered office is at Ravens Way, Crow Lane Industrial Estate, Little Billing, Northampton, NN3 9UD.
"Particulars" Your personal information submitted by You to CarShop from time to time.
"Services" the services, including without limitation, the provision details of motor vehicle available for sale by CarShop, access to news and events, the facility to register for news releases and stock alerts, to book appointments and test drives through the Website.
"Trade Marks" the Word and Logo and all other trade marks (whether registered or unregistered), business names or logos used in the Website from time to time.
"Website" the website owned and operated by CarShop which can be viewed at http://www.CarShop.co.uk/ plus additional related URLs owned and operated by CarShop.
"Word and Logo" the word "CarShop" and the CarShop logo.
"You & Your" any user of the Website.
1.2 Headings in this Agreement are only for convenience and shall not affect its construction.
2. Provision of Services
2.1 Motor Vehicle Search Facility
2.1.1 The facility offered by CarShop for You to view details of motor vehicles available for sale is provided solely for information only and to provide You with a facility to research the CarShop Motor Vehicle Database. CarShop accepts no responsibility for the availability and/or non-availability of any motor vehicle sourced on the CarShop Motor Vehicle Database and performance and/or non-performance of a contract entered into between CarShop and You for the purchase of a motor vehicle, which You have sourced, from the CarShop Motor Vehicle Database. Customers statutory rights are not affected.
2.1.2 The display of motor vehicle particulars including without limitation, specifications, mileage quotations and/or prices on the Website or otherwise are for information only and shall not constitute an offer by CarShop to sell, supply or deliver any motor vehicle. If You are interested in purchasing a motor vehicle You have sourced from the CarShop Motor Vehicle Database then please contact CarShop by telephone, e-mail, online communications or visit the relevant CarShop dealership.
2.1.3 All figures and prices are correct at the time of online publication. Prices are subject to change without notice. Online pricing may differ from prices available on site. Whilst Errors and Omissions Excepted.
2.2 Latest News
2.2.1 The information contained in the latest news section is intended to be for information only. CarShop accepts no responsibility for any damage and/or loss suffered by You as a result of Your reliance on such news items.
2.2.2 Any news items provided by third parties shall be the views expressed by such third parties and CarShop accepts no responsibility for such views. CarShop makes no representations as to the fitness for a particular purpose of any Services available through the Website.
2.3 Finance & Insurance Quotes
2.3.1 Any finance and/or insurance quotes provided on the Website are for information only.
2.3.2 Finance and/or insurance is available subject to status and written quotations.
2.3.3 For the avoidance of doubt no finance and/or insurance quote shall be deemed to incorporate an offer by CarShop and/or the relevant finance and/or insurance provider.
2.3.4 Your Use of Content and the Website
18.104.22.168 You agree to use the Content for personal use only. This means that You may view, browse and print the Content. You may also download one copy of the Content into cache on a single computer for personal and non-commercial home use, provided that You shall retain all credits and copyright notices associated with such Content.
22.214.171.124 You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations when using the Website. You must not use the Website to send any e-mails for chain letters, commercial solicitation, mass mailing, or any form of spam or other mass mailings.
126.96.36.199 You may not reproduce, distribute, transmit or otherwise exploit the Content in any way. In particular, You may not include the Content in any other publication or on any other Website or computer network otherwise than in accordance with the limited reproduction permission set out at paragraph 4 and/or the prior written permission of CarShop. In addition, You must abide with all other terms, conditions and restrictions contained in any other agreement associated with the Content.
188.8.131.52 CarShop reserves the right to amend and/or remove at any time any Content from the Website.
3. Registration and Particulars
3.1 Use by You of certain Services , including without limitation, the facility to receive news releases and stock alerts, to receive further information about a particular motor vehicle and to book appointments and test drives will require You to submit Your Particulars to CarShop.
3.3 You hereby undertake to update Your Particulars on the Website and/or notify CarShop immediately in writing by letter, fax or e-mail in the event of any change in Your Particulars.
3.4 CarShop will not collect sensitive personal information relating to your sex, health, racial or ethnic origin, political or religious beliefs without Your explicit consent.
3.5 Your particulars will be shared by CarShop for all purposes relating to the Services and marketing and research purposes and may be disclosed to and used by associated companies of CarShop and other organisations for marketing and research purposes unless You have signified that You do not consent to such use when you submit Your Particulars. CarShop will not disclose Your Particulars for any other purpose or transferred outside the European Union without Your express or implied consent (except where required by law).
3.6 CarShop will keep Your Particulars in a secure environment and shall at all times use reasonable endeavours to comply with the Data Protection Act  and 1998.
4. Ownership of the Website and Copyright Notice
4.1 The Content on the Website is protected by UK and International copyright and is the copyright of © Car Shop 2001 2003 2005 2006 unless otherwise stated. Reproduction of any of the Content is prohibited other than in accordance with the limited reproduction permission set out at paragraph 4. All rights are reserved.
4.2 Except as expressly provided in this Agreement. You may not copy, reproduce, re-publish, lease, sub-licence, download, post, broadcast, transmit, modify, create works from, or in any way, commercially exploit any of the Content.
In particular but without limiting the generality of the above, You may not do any of the following without the prior written permission of CarShop:
4.2.1 redistribute any of the Content (including by using it as part of any library, archive or similar service);
4.2.2 remove the copyright or trademark notice from any copies of the Content made available through the Website;
4.2.3 create a database in electronic or manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the Content;
Requests to re-publish or re-distribute any Content should be addressed to the address set out at Paragraph 1.
4.3 You acknowledge that the Trademarks are trademarks of CarShop and that You may not use them without the prior written permission from CarShop.
4.4 The names of other products and services referred to on the Website may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You may not use any trademark or service mark appearing on the Website without the prior written consent of the owner of the relevant trademark.
4.5 UK and International copyright law prohibits any copying, dissemination and/or transmitting of any Content from the Website unless You have the permission of CarShop.
4.6 In the event that any Content is used without obtaining prior permission from CarShop You will be notified and invoiced of the appropriate fee for unauthorised usage.
5. Misuse of the Services
5.1 CarShop reserves the right to suspend or terminate Your rights of access to the Services You may have registered for at any time.
6. Suspension of Services
6.1 From time to time the Services in whole or in part may be closed down for routine repair or maintenance work.
7.1 CarShop will use its reasonable skill and care to ensure that the Content is accurate and up to date.
7.2 CarShop shall use its reasonable skill and care in providing the Services and will use reasonable endeavours to make the Website available for use by You at all times but will have no liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from delay or failure to provide the Services and/or Website or for any loss of data which may result from delays, failure of deliveries or service interruptions including (but without limitation to) those arising from errors or omissions on the part of You or from levels of usage which are unusually large and which have the effect of causing disruption or delays in the operation of the Website.
7.3 CarShop does not warrant that the Website and/or Services are error and/or virus free or operate without interruption or are compatible with all equipment and software configurations. CarShop gives no warranty whatsoever as to the quality of information received through the Website.
7.4 CarShop makes no representations as to the fitness for a particular purpose of any Services available through the Website.
7.5 The warranties in this Paragraph 7 shall be the full extent of CarShop's liability in respect of the provision of the Website and/or Services and all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings and obligations implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7.6 The warranties in this Paragraph 7 shall be subject to You complying with Your obligations under this Agreement and all other relevant agreements and to You having used the Website and/or Services strictly in accordance with the instructions of CarShop.
8. Limitation of Liability
8.1 The Content is only for general information and use and is not intended to address Your particular requirements. You should not rely on the Content in making any specific decisions.
8.2 CarShop will not be liable for any of the following losses which may arise by reason of any breach of the express terms of this Agreement or to the extent that they have not been excluded by Paragraph 7, any implied warranty, condition or other term, any representation or any duty of any kind imposed on CarShop by operation of law: indirect; incidental; consequential; income; data; use; information; increased costs or expenses; profit; business; contracts or revenues from savings.
8.3 CarShop has not vetted and nor does it accept responsibility for the contents of any of the websites accessible via hyperlinks from the Website and does not accept any duty of care in respect of and nor does it make any representation express or implied in relation to the accuracy or reliability of the contents of any link website; nor does the existence of any link constitute any implied endorsement of any website, its sponsor, its products or its services not should any views expressed on that website be taken to reflect the views of CarShop.
9.1 This Agreement is personal to You and You may not without the prior written consent of CarShop assign or dispose of it. CarShop shall be entitled to assign this Agreement in whole or in part.
10. Force Majeure
10.1 CarShop shall not be liable for any delay in or failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement if that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its control, including without limitation fires, strikes, insurrection, riots, embargoes, inability to obtain supplies, refusal or revocation of licence of regulations of any civil or military authority.
11. Entire Agreement
11.1 This Agreement contains the entire agreement and understanding between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and (in relation to that subject matter) supersedes any and all prior agreements, arrangements, statements and understandings.
12. Supervening Illegality and Severance
12.1 If any term or provision in this Agreement shall be held to be illegal or unenforceable, in whole or in part, under any enactment or rule of law, such term or provision or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of this Agreement but the validity and enforceability of the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected.
15. No Relationship
15.1 Nothing in this Agreement shall create, or be deemed to create, the relationship of principal agent or employer and employee or a joint venture or partnership between the parties.
16. Governing Law
16.1 This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The CarShop website is a UK based website and takes reasonable care to comply with requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 with regard to the personal information you supply on this site. The CarShop site uses a security system that protects your information from unauthorised use.
However, as no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We may occasionally modify this Privacy Statement, such variations becoming effective immediately upon posting to the website and by continuing to use the website, you will be deemed to accept any such variations.
Data collection via web forms & email
This site collects personal data from you via web forms, and also via email addresses we provide so that you contact us with enquiries and send us your details.
You submit information using these methods voluntarily, and agree to the use of the personal data you provide as described in this policy.
If you give us personal information about somebody else, such as a colleague, we will assume you have their permission to do so, and their data will also be subject to this policy.
Data collection via cookies
We may also collect personally identifying information using cookies. Sometimes cookies are required as part of this site's operation. We will not collect personal data about you using cookies outside of this purpose.
CarShop will use the data you supply to answer an enquiry or to administer an ongoing commercial relationship. We will also be required to pass your information to third parties such as the DVLA for vehicle licensing purposes, warranty and product providers for registration purposes and any other personal body having a legal right to your personal data.
We will also use your data to tell you about changes to the site, new information, or products and services offered by CarShop that we think you will find valuable. You can choose not to receive this information by sending a blank email to the quality@CarShop.co.uk with the subject 'No Car Shop information'.
We do not share, sell, trade or rent your personal data outside of the CarShop group. We may choose to do so in future with selected third parties whose products and services we think you will find interesting, or for research purpose to enable us to further enhance our experience. You can choose not to receive this information by sending a blank email to the quality@CarShop.co.uk with the subject 'No 3rd Party Information'.
Google Analytics implemented for Display
We have implemented Google Analytics for Display retargeting advertising online so that Google and other third party vendors can show our ads on publishers' websites. To do this CarShop.co.uk, Google and other third party vendors we may use all use first party cookies (such as that used for the normal Google Analytics cookie) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to inform, optimise and serve online ads based on someone's past visits to our website.
As a visitor you can opt-out of being shown re-targeted adverts from CarShop by Google/DoubleClick by using the Ads Preferences Manager to adjust the interest categories stored in the Google cookie stored in your browser.
Full Terms and ConditionsVersion 5.1 13.01.15
Acceptance of Terms
- "We", "Us", "Our" and "CarShop" shall refer to Car Shops Limited whose registered number is 5331512 and registered office is Ravens Way, Crow Lane Industrial Estate, Northampton, NN3 9UD.
- "You" and "Your" shall refer to You personally, being the customer or prospective customer desiring to purchase Goods from Us.
- "Goods" are used vehicles supplied by Us plus any ancillary products or services.
- "Secured Finance" are facilities arranged on Your behalf by Us, with Your full consent, to provide funding for the purchase of Goods. These take the form of Hire Purchase, Personal Contract Purchase and any other form of funding provided by a Financial Institution that uses the Goods as a form of security.
- "Unsecured Finance" are facilities arranged on Your behalf by Us, with Your full consent, to provide funding for the purchase of Goods. These take the form of Personal Loan, Motor Loan and any other form of funding provided by a Financial Institution that does not require any security being invoked on the Goods.
- Satisfactory "Merchantable Quality" is defined by the condition of the Goods being at a level that is deemed to be satisfactory and fit for purpose, when consideration is taken for the age and mileage of the Goods. This does not under any circumstances affect your rights pursuant to the SOGA.
- "Payment Method" is by Bankers Draft, Credit/Debit card, Bank Transfer or Finance Company Transfer if a Secured Finance or Unsecured Finance agreement is in place. Cash payments in excess of £500 will only be accepted on the sole discretion of Us and may require a satisfactory source of funds verification to be made. Card holder not present transactions will only be accepted up to a value of £1,000 and for payment of a deposit amount only. Credit cards will be subject to a 2% levy charge to cover processing costs.
- "SOGA" is the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended).
- "Place of Business" represents any place where We trade with face to face interaction with You and Our Goods are presented for retail to the general public.
- "Distance Contract" represents any form of sale conducted by Us to You that does not include any face to face contact from (and including) an initial order being raised on a vehicle until the time of delivery of the Goods at which point Our contract is concluded. In these cases the contract is governed by both the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and Distance Marketing Regulations 2004 as appropriate.
Orders and Deposits
In You placing an order it enables Us to remove a vehicle from retail sale to the general public and allocate a reserved status. To do this a deposit is required from You, the amount of the deposit required is subject to variation at the sole discretion of Us and will be not less than £99 for online vehicle reservations and not les than £99 per vehicle and typically £450. On receipt of the deposit monies We will remove a vehicle from sale to the general public for a period no longer than 7 days.
- If You are reserving a vehicle via the electronic facilities on Our website carshop.co.uk (or any other url used under license by Us) then You have an obligation to be in contact with Us via one of Our stipulated methods within 24 hours of placing the reservation. Failure to do so will result in Us acting in good faith in assuming that Your intention is to rescind the transaction. As a result, the vehicle will be removed from reserved status and any monies deposited as cleared funds in Our bank account will be returned, in full, to Your original source of funds.
- If You are reserving a vehicle that you have not had the opportunity to inspect, be it either by way of a Distance Contract or if we are requested by You to move a vehicle from one Place of Business to another. You are entitled to a full refund of the deposit monies less any failed appointment charges as defined in clause 11. These monies will be returned by Us by way of manual cheque or if a debit/credit card was used for the original deposit by way of refund to that payment card.
- In the event where We fail to arrange Secured Finance or Unsecured Finance for You once You have reserved a vehicle, You are entitled to a full refund of the deposit monies less any failed appointment charges as defined in clause 11. These monies will be returned to You by Us by way of manual cheque or if a debit/credit card was used for the original deposit by way of refund to that payment card.
- The deposit having been paid upon the placing of an order then the balance payable (or as the case may be, the sum required to complete any initial payment to a Finance Company) is to be paid by You or if applicable the 3rd party Finance Company prior to delivery of the Goods.
- Delivery of the Goods is to be taken at Our Place of Business within 7 days of notification to You that the vehicle is ready for delivery. The Goods shall remain in Our beneficial ownership until full payment for the goods has been received. The risk in the goods, however, shall pass to You upon delivery. If You request Us to relocate a vehicle from one Place of Business to another We reserve the right to charge You the reasonable costs incurred in completing the transfer, typically being £50. These costs will be notified in writing to You prior to the transfer being made and will be in addition to Your deposit requirements. This transfer charge will be non refundable.
- Under Distance Contracts and in exceptional circumstance at Our sole discretion We will arrange and agree a delivery to Your fixed place of residence. We may require proof of address to be provided before a delivery is arranged and proof of identity will be required at the point of delivery. In all instances a delivery charge will be made, the amount of which will be determined in line with the distance required to move the vehicle from Our Place of Business to the delivery address. The delivery charge will be communicated prior to completion of the contract and will be subject to VAT.
Delay in Delivery
- We will use Our best endeavours to secure delivery of the Goods on the desired delivery date or dates in accordance with Clauses 6 and 7, but shall be under no liability whatsoever for loss occasioned by delay in delivery arising out of any cause whatsoever.
Transfer of Deposit
- Not withstanding Your rights defined by clause 4 if You fail to pay and take delivery of the Goods within 7 days of notification that the Goods are available for delivery We shall be at liberty to treat the contract as repudiated by You. We shall then be entitled to dispose of the Goods and reserve the right to offset and recover from You, by way of damages, any loss or expense including storage and depreciation costs which We may suffer or incur as a result of Your default. These costs will typically be £50 per day up to a maximum in line with your initial deposit amount paid. The deposit can however be transferred by You in full to another vehicle on Your request at any time within 90 calendar days from the point at which this contract is repudiated.
- We will charge an Administration Fee for each vehicle, the amount of which will be clearly presented and is in addition to the purchase price of the vehicle. The fee covers all costs associated with administration and paperwork including sending V5 documentation to the DVLA, plus we will provide You with a HPI report on Your new vehicle for Your retention. The vehicle Administration Fee is non-refundable.
Failed Appointment Charge
- We reserve the right to invoke a Failed Appointment Charge of £100 per instance to compensate Us for costs incurred for a failure by You to meet an agreed appointment made with Us that was previously confirmed in writing (including email). Failed Appointment Charges will be waived should You provide in writing a minimum of 24 hours notice of Your inability to meet the agreed appointment. An appointment includes agreed dates and times to view a vehicle that has been ordered and also appointments to take delivery of the Goods.
Part Exchange / Our Used Vehicle Purchases from You
Where We agree to allow part of the price of the Goods to be paid by You delivering a used vehicle to Us, such used vehicle shall be delivered and accepted upon the following conditions:
- That, after examination of Your vehicle and inspection of the accompanying documentation at the time of any agreement being made as to a valuation by Us, it shall be delivered in the same condition and within 250 miles on the odometer as and when so examined. We reserve the right to revalue Your vehicle if You fail to adhere to this requirement. The order and any allowance in respect of a used motor vehicle offered by You in Part Exchange or under the used vehicle purchase scheme are subject to acceptance and confirmation in writing by Us.
- That where the used vehicle is the subject of a Secured Finance agreement We shall be entitled to make any such payment to the Finance Company and will, with the consent of that Company, finally discharge such agreement and the allowance shall be reduced by the amounts so paid.
- You will disclose to Us whether the used vehicle is subject to an existing Secured Finance agreement, if this is not disclosed to Us and later becomes apparent You will be liable to repay to Us any amounts required to be paid by Us to the Finance Company to discharge such agreement. We will conduct our own checks using industry standard ownership verifications to seek confirmation of any Finance Interest placed on the vehicle, however this does not waive Your disclosure obligations under this agreement.
- If this agreement is cancelled after Your used vehicle has been delivered to Us, We later may cancel the agreement to purchase Your used vehicle, provided that, if We have before cancellation sold or thereafter sell the used vehicle You shall be entitled to the profit or shall bear the loss (as the case may be) on the resale of Your used vehicle (in calculating this profit or loss Our reasonable selling expenses shall be taken into account).
- If a cancellation is invoked under this agreement and the amount paid to the Finance Company under clause 12(b) or 12(c) as the case may be, exceeds the value agreed in part exchange of the vehicle, You are liable to Us for the differences between these amounts with the payment needing to be made within thirty (30) days of you sending notice to cancel this agreement either under clauses 16, 17, 18 and 19 or in line with your statutory rights.
- That if the Goods to be delivered by Us through no default on the part of Us shall not be delivered to You within thirty (30) days after the date of Your order or the estimated delivery date, where the date is later, the allowance on the said used vehicle shall be subject to a reduction by an amount not exceeding 2½% for each completed period of thirty (30) days from the expiry of the first mentioned thirty (30) days to the date of delivery to You of the Goods.
- That if Your vehicle is handed over without the necessary documentation, namely V5, MOT Certificate (where applicable), Service History (where applicable), Spare Keys (where applicable) We are entitled to request security of up to £500 is provided in order for the contract to be concluded and for You to take delivery of the Goods. This security will be repayable within 7 working days on provision of the aforementioned documentation and You have 14 calendar days to provide. Failure to provide the information will result in You forfeiting Your entitlement for a return of the security.
- That if Your used vehicle, due to the vehicle age requires a valid MOT certificate which is not available, and is being supplied in conjunction with a Distance Contract then You must notify CarShop prior to Our collection of Your vehicle. Failure to do this will result in CarShop being unable to collect Your vehicle and We will treat this as a failed appointment invoking clause 11 of this agreement.
- We may agree to purchase Your used vehicle even if you do not choose to purchase a vehicle from CarShop. In these instances your responsibilities under clause 12 still apply. Whilst an indicative price can be estimated for Your vehicle based on Your description and mileage provided, a final valuation in these instances will not be provided until a physical inspection of the vehicle has taken place by a CarShop employee or representative of the CarShop. A purchase from You in this way will be subject to an administration fee of £50 for vehicle values up to £5,000 and £75 thereafter.
- We may agree to purchase Your used vehicle under a Distance Contract. In these instances your responsibilities under clause 12 still apply. Whilst an indicative price can be estimated for Your vehicle based on Your description and mileage provided, a final valuation in these instances will not be provided until a physical inspection of the vehicle has taken place by a CarShop employee or representative of the CarShop.
Price Match Promise
If You see a similar car at a VAT registered professional motor dealer either before you come into one of our stores or within 48 hours after purchasing a vehicle from CarShop at a lower price we will match that price. This is subject to Our discretion and the following conditions:
- The alternative vehicle must be the same age (as determined by the year denoted on the vehicle registration number i.e "06" plate) and the same specification as the CarShop vehicle.
- The alternative vehicle must have the same (within 1,000 miles) or lower mileage than the CarShop vehicle. The mileage must be warranted.
- You must have a written quote from a VAT registered professional motor dealer, trading as a limited company from permanent premises within a 45 mile radius of Our Place of Business that delivered the Goods. The quote must be dated within 48 hours either prior to or after your purchase, or a CarShop representative must be able to view the vehicle 'live' on a dealer website.
- The price match does not apply in cases where the comparative vehicle is being offered at a CAP clean price. A cap clean price is the industry benchmark for used car disposal values and is not a guide for retail pricing.
7 Day Money Back Guarantee
CarShop offer to all retail customers (not Trade Sales) a 7 Day Money Back Guarantee on the purchase of Your Goods. The 7 Days commence from the day after the date on which delivery takes place and are inclusive of weekends and bank holidays. To serve notice of Your intention to invoke this cancellation please see clause 19 and it is subject to the following conditions;
- There is a duty of care for You to return the Goods in a condition commensurate with that at the time of delivery. We reserve the right, entirely at Our own discretion, to charge You any amounts required to return the Goods to their condition at the time of delivery.
- A usage charge will be applied relating to the mileage that the vehicle has been driven under Your ownership, representing the increase in miles during the period between delivery of the vehicle to You and the subsequent return of the vehicle, as evidenced by the odometer at the time of return and the original mileage as documented at the point of delivery. The mileage charge will be;
- If We agree to recover the vehicle we reserve the right entirely at Our own discretion to charge a collection fee that will reflect our costs of collection from Our closest Place of Business to Your place of residence. These charges will also be subject to VAT.
- All documentation provided with the Goods at time of delivery is returned at the same time as the Goods. If You fail to do so We will request security is provided in accordance with clause 12(g).
- An agreed location, date and time for a return or collection of a vehicle will be made in writing between You and Us which will be no more than 5 days from the notification by You of the cancellation. If You fail to return the goods at the agreed time We reserve the right to charge a Failed Appointment Charge in accordance with clause 11. Under Distance Contracts the return date will be extended to 14 days from the notification by You of the cancellation.
- We will refund You any amounts due after adjusting for any administration charges or other fees as soon as reasonably possible (and in any event within fourteen (14) days of cancellation). If Your purchase included a part exchange vehicle please review clause 12 regarding the treatment of this.
Miles Driven Usage Charge First 5 miles (0-5) No charge Next 20 miles (6-25) £10 per mile Next 50 miles (26-75) £5 per mile All additional miles £2.50 per mile
- You will have the benefit of fourteen (14) days to cancel the vehicle purchase if You so wish. The cancellation period starts the day after the day the Goods were delivered to You and finishes 14 days after this date, unless that date is a Saturday, Sunday or UK Bank Holiday in which case it will move to the next working day. Notice to exercise this right needs to be provided in accordance with clause 19 and is subject to the same conditions as defined by clause 16(a) - 16(f).
- Should Your used vehicle be purchased by a Secured Funding or Unsecured Funding method, then You have the additional right to cancel the finance agreement for 14 calendar days commencing from the day following the date of the delivery of Your Goods. However Your contract with Us is unaffected.
- In order to serve notice to Us to invoke your rights to return your Goods, make a complaint or any other formal correspondence this needs to be put in writing and sent via recorded delivery for the attention of Customer Experience Manager at the address shown on your invoice or alternatively via email to quality@CarShop.co.uk.
- Trade purchasers do not qualify for the Money Back Guarantee offered under clauses 16, 17 and 18.
- Whilst We try to ensure that all the prices on the CarShop website and other websites We may use as marketing channels are accurate, errors may occur. If We discover an error in the price of the goods you have ordered We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. You will then be given the option of re-confirming Your order at the correct price or cancelling Your order with a full refund of any deposit made. If We are unable to contact You using the contact details You provided during the order process, We will treat the order as cancelled and notify You by email. If You decide to cancel Your order after We have informed You of a pricing error and You have already paid for the Goods, We will give You a full refund as soon as reasonably possible (and in any event within thirty (30) days of cancellation).
- CarShop has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in the website and other media however;
- Manufacturers are constantly seeking ways to improve the specification, design and production of their vehicles and alterations take place continually. Whilst every effort is made by Us to produce up to date product descriptions and specifications, the website and other media should not be regarded as an infallible guide to vehicle products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle. CarShop are not agents of any manufacturer and have absolutely no authority to bind the manufacturers by any express or implied undertaking or representation. Any references to speed or performance should not be taken as an encouragement to drive either dangerously or at speeds in excess of national limits.
- All fuel economy figures are in accordance with Directive 93/116/EC. They have been calculated using the same test cycle as used for official exhaust emission classification. They cannot be compared with the previous steady speed/urban figures and are more representative of actual on-road fuel consumption. Under normal use the vehicles actual fuel consumption figures may differ from those achieved through the test procedure, depending on driving technique, road and traffic conditions, environmental factors, and vehicle condition.
- We do not guarantee that use of the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the website and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs and strongly recommend that all users ensure that they protect their equipment with the use of firewalls and virus checkers.
- The terms and conditions above do not abrogate or derogate from the rights afforded to You by the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, Distance Marketing Regulations 2004, Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (2008) and all other statutory rights.
- CarShop is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Any dispute regarding this agreement will be governed by English Law and will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Recommend-a Friend - Voucher Terms and Conditions:
- Recommend-a-friend vouchers can only be redeemed against purchases that occur after the purchase of the original vehicle, hereinafter referred to as the ‘your details’ vehicle. Voucher claims for vehicles dispatched prior to the ‘your details’ vehicle purchase date will not be honoured.
- Recommend a friend vouchers may only be redeemed within 6 months of the purchase date of the ‘your vehicle’ purchase date vehicle.
- Both the ‘claimant’ and ‘friend’ are required to purchase vehicles from The Car Shop to receive the voucher entitlement.
- Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. If you need to send them to us we strongly recommend that you use a secure service. To be valid when presented for exchange, vouchers must be complete.
- We reserve the right to review and alter the terms and conditions at any time.
- The claimant and friend details may not be one and the same person.
- The voucher may not be used in conjunction with any other offer, i.e.: CarShop Direct, Employee purchase schemes etc.
- The claimant and friend details on the voucher must match the customer details on the CarShop invoicing system.
CarShop Service Centre Terms & Conditions
MEANINGSWhen reading these terms and conditions, the word “products” means all products and parts (such as tyres, brake pads ect.) sold by us to you. This includes any parts or products which are supplied as part of any service that we carry out. “service” means servicing or repairs that we carry out and includes inspections, Product fitting and servicing.
EXCLUSIONSPLEASE NOTE THESE EXCLUSIONS. THEY ARE IMPORTANT. YOU SHOULD READ ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS OTHER EXCLUSIONS DO APPLY.
We will be legally responsible to you if our negligence causes death or personal injury.
We will not be responsible if we cannot carry out our duties because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be responsible for any damage caused in carrying out any service if this is caused by:
- the vehicles condition
- it having been incorrectly maintained or modified
- any previous servicing or repairs which have not been properly carried out
- any parts that have been wrongly fitted by someone other than us
- some other reason not in our control
- we will not be responsible for any loss of business profits or income, lost business or missed opportunities, loss of use or inconvenience, or other financial or indirect loss.
- Please take out suitable insurance cover to protect these interests.
RECOMMENDATIONSAs part of any Service we carry out the inspections described in our Visual Health Check. We will then make a recommendation to you based on the inspection we have undertaken. We will not start any work on the vehicle until you have signed our inspection report and any estimate we give.
We will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by anything which we did not find on our inspection unless it should have been found by the actual inspection we conducted. We shall not be responsible for conducting any other inspections.
ESTIMATESWe will always try to give accurate estimates for the prices of Products or services.
The prices we give for Products will be current at the time that we give our estimate. However, we may adjust any price if the cost to us of the Product increases between the time that we gave our estimate and the time we obtain the Products. We will always tell you if the price has increased and you shall not be obliged to buy any Product which has a higher price than estimated.
If during our service we discover that the work we have to do will exceed the estimate, we will ask for your agreement to continue the Service on the basis of a revised estimate. You do not have to agree any revised estimate and, if you choose to cancel, we will return your vehicle as nearly as possible in the same condition as when the Service began.
We will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused as a consequence of your cancelling work or instructing us not to carry out work that we have recommended.
DEPOSITSA deposit may be required for certain orders; if this the case you will be advised accordingly.
Deposits paid on specially-ordered items are non-refundable
CANCELLING WORKIf we stop any Service at your request then we may charge a reasonable amount for any work actually carried out. We will also charge you for the price of any products supplied or fitted.
TIMEWe will try to carry out any Service in the time we have agreed to do so or, if no time is agreed, within a reasonable period. However, if we are late or or cannot carry out any Service or fitting of Products, we will have no liability or responsibility to you for any loss or any inconvenience you may suffer as a result.
PAYMENTYou must pay us for any Service and Products supplied before you remove your vehicle from our premises. If any service is carried out or Products supplied away from our premises then you must pay us before we release your vehicle to you.
You must pay VAT at the relevant rate on all charges we make (excluding MOT tests).
OWNERSHIP OF PRODUCTSAny Products we sell to you will not belong to you until you have paid for them and any Service in full. If payment is not made we may remove from the vehicle any Products we have fitted.
REPLACED ITEMSAll items replaced by us during any service become our property. We may deal with such items as we wish.
HEALTH AND SAFETYOur premises contain equipment and substances, which are potentially dangerous. As a consequence, you must comply with any instructions and cautionary notices which are displayed at our premises.
You must comply with any instructions relating to the use, care and maintenance of any Products we supply.
GUARANTEEProducts and Services are covered by CarShop Service Centre Guarantee, the conditions of which can be found under the heading “Guarantee conditions”.
YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTSThese terms and conditions and terms of our guarantee do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. If you are a consumer, any Products we supply must:
- match the description we give them
- be of satisfactory quality and
- be fit for their purposes. Any service we provide must be carried out to a reasonable standard.
PROMOTIONAL PRICINGThe prices quoted on our website for any service related work or products are our base "from" prices meaning this is the minimum you will have to pay. Any resultant work required to your vehicle may attract additional charges which you will be given an estimate for that you do not have to accept. Promotional service prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
The CarShop Service Centre Guarantee only applies to brake parts, tyres, exhaust parts, shock absorbers, batteries and suspension parts that we have supplied. It also applies to any fitting and other work that we carry out.
The CarShop service Centre Guarantee does not cover any parts or Products that we supply or work that we carry out in respect of any vehicle which is used for commercial or business purposes (for example, taxis and driving school cars) or in conjunction with any motorsports.
BRAKES AND BRAKE PARTSAll new brake parts that we have supplied and fitted are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for the first twelve months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first).
BATTERIESAll new batteries that we have supplied are guaranteed against defects, regardless of mileage for a period of 12 months.
EXHAUSTSAll new exhaust systems or part systems, excluding Catalytic Converters, that we have supplied and fitted are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for two years from fitting, regardless of mileage. Catalytic Converters are guaranteed for one year.
SHOCK ABSORBERS AND SUSPENSION PARTSAll new shock absorbers and suspension parts that we have fitted are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for two years from fitting, or up to 12,000 miles (whichever comes first).
TYRESAll new tyres that we have fitted are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for the legal lifetime of the tyre.
FITTING AND WORKMANSHIPOur fitting of any parts is guaranteed against faulty fitting and workmanship for (the same guarantee covering the parts we have fitted). Any other work that we carry out on your vehicle is guaranteed against faulty workmanship for twelve months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first).
OILPlease refer to your vehicle handbook or manufacturer’s recommendations for a more comprehensive guide of the type and frequency of oil changes.
HOW WE WILL DEAL WITH YOUR CLAIMIf a guarantee claim is made on a tyre we will return the tyre to the manufacturer for inspection. Where a manufacturing defect is confirmed, a refund will be made to you of the cost of the defective tyre. In the case of a tyre, the refund will be reduced by an amount equal to the use you have had of the tyre (based upon the remaining legal tread depth of the tyre when it is returned).
Any replacement tyre that you buy from us will be fitted and balanced free of charge.
If a guarantee claim is made for any other part, we will return the part to the manufacturer for inspection. where a manufacturing defect is confirmed, a refund will be made to you of the cost of the defective part less an amount equal to the use you have had of the part (based upon mileage covered by the vehicle the part was fitted to). Any replacement parts that you buy from us will be fitted free of charge. If your claim is in respect of fitting and workmanship we will do the work again free of charge. the cost of any parts that we fitted which are required to be replaced because of the way in which we carried out work will be reduced by an amount that reflects the use that you have had of the parts being replaced.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIMYou must bring the vehicle to any CarShop Service Centre together with the original receipt for the products or service we provided.
WHAT ISN’T COVEREDThe CarShop Service Centre guarantee does not cover any damage or defects to tyres and other parts which are as a result of any criminal, malicious or accidental damage, improper or misuse, fire, theft, use off the public highway, racing or rallying, unconnected mechanical defect, or use otherwise than in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
The CarShop Service Centre Guarantee does not cover normal or acceptable wear and tear or corrosion.
The CarShop service Centre Guarantee will be invalidated by the repair or replacement of guaranteed parts by anyone other than CarShop.
The CarShop Service Centre Guarantee is not transferable and applies to the original purchaser only.
YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTSYour statutory rights are not affected by the CarShop Service Centre Guarantee.
Your first point of contact with any enquiries or complaints should be your local CarShop Service Centre manager.
Vehicle Service Terms and Conditions
- Our fixed price standard service starts from £89 for vehicles under 2000cc.
- Our standard service constitutes a premium oil, air filter and oil filter change plus a visual health check and a free wash, leather and vacuum. Some manufacturer service items may be excluded; written details available on request.
- A £20 surcharge applies for vehicles that require special oils (this will be an additional charge that a CarShop service advisor will inform you of on the day of your service), retail customers only, excludes Vans, 4x4, rotary engines and LPG conversions.
European Union legislation changes the way cars may be serviced and repaired and gives motorists a lot more freedom in their decision as to who should look after their cars. Now motorists can use CarShop Service Centres to service their cars without invalidating the manufacturer’s warranty.
CarShop Service Centres can carry out normal maintenance, servicing and repairs during a vehicle’s warranty period without invalidating the vehicle assembler’s warranty conditions with two provisos:
- That the service is carried out in accordance with the Vehicle Assembler’s servicing schedules and is recorded as such. CarShop Service Centres when carrying out normal maintenance and repair services use systems to follow ICME schedules and customers can be assured that they are using vehicle assembler’s schedules when specified.
- That the parts used either ‘original spare parts’ or ‘ matching quality parts’ and are recorded as such. All parts used by CarShop service Centres are manufactured to Original Equipment (OE) quality.
All MOT tests are conducted by a third party under strict VOSA (Vehicle & Operator Services Agency) guidelines. CarShop Service Centres offer a free MOT retest (within a seven day period of the initial test) in the event your vehicle should fail its MOT. Should a retest be required outside the Seven day period a full MOT test will be carried out on the vehicle and the full price of the test will be required from the customer.
An MOT test certificate relates only to the condition of the components examined at the time of test. It does not confirm the vehicle will remain roadworthy for the validity of the certificate. Whilst advisory items listed on the certificate do not constitute MOT failure items they are drawn to your attention for advice only. For further information about the MOT test certificate please visit www.direct.gov.uk/mot.
- All air conditioning system Services are carried out by a fully qualified air conditioning specialist who has gained an AC1 Refrigerant Handling Qualification. During a diagnostic check a particular component may be at fault which could lead to another component failing. Until the first component has been repaired it is then that the rest of the air conditioning system can be checked.
Adversely cold weather conditions during winter months leads to thousands of motorists being stranded on the roadside every year. The main cause of these breakdowns are due to frozen cooling systems and poor battery performance, both of which could easily be avoided should the correct vehicle checks be made and any reported faults rectified prior to outside temperatures dropping below freezing.
A repair bill caused by freezing conditions on average could easily be in excess of £400, exemplar costs are as follows:
- Battery failure. Average cost of replacement £50 +
- Burst radiator hoses due to frozen coolant. Average costs of repair £100 +
- Fractured radiators due to frozen coolant. Average cost of repair £450 +
- Damage to cylinder head due to overheating caused by driving a vehicle with coolant leaks due to burst radiator hoses or fractured radiators. Average cost of repair £1000 +
CarShop Service Plan Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY
This document contains all details of the Personal Service Plan.
These terms and conditions form the Contract between You the Customer and The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited.
Some words in this Personal Service Plan have special meanings, which are explained in Part 1, under the heading Definitions. Whenever these words are shown in bold type, they have these special meanings; otherwise they have their ordinary everyday meanings.
- Administrator – means TWG Services Limited, The Aspen Building, Floor 2, Vantage Point Business Village, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF who administer the product on behalf of Us. We collect Customer payments through the Administrator on the Dealer’s behalf and may hold Your money on Your behalf. This means that all funds are legally in Our possession as soon as payment is made by You.
- Agreement or Service Plan – means the agreement between You and Us, which comprises the terms and conditions, the Personal Service Plan Information Schedule and the Service and Maintenance Schedule , under which We agree to procure the Service of Your Vehicle in accordance with the services identified on Your Schedule of Work.
- Benefit Taken – means the total value including Servicing and Administration costs, which has been used by You the Customerunder the Service Plan at any given time.
- Customer and You, Your or Yours - means the person, partnership firm or company whose details appear on the Personal Service Plan Information Schedule. Where the Customer is a partnership then each partner separately and all partners jointly shall be responsible for the Customer’s obligations under this Personal Service Plan.
- Dealer – means the Dealer who sold the Service Plan to You and to whom You are obliged to obtain the Service from, unless We notify You otherwise.
- Event – means the Personal Service Plan frequency when a Service will be due.
- Personal Service Plan Information Schedule - means the Personal Service Plan Schedule signed by You, which contains Your and Your Vehicle details.
- Schedule Of Work– means the Event or Events as detailed on the Service and Maintenance Schedule .
- Service and Servicing- means the servicing of the Vehicle in accordance with the Manufacturer's standard service schedules, a copy of which will be produced for You on request.1
- Service and Maintenance Schedule – means the Personal Service Plan Information Schedule that contains the Event(s), which indicate when a Service will be due.
- Service and Maintenance Schedule – means the Personal Service Plan Information Schedule that contains the Event(s), which indicate when a Service will be due.
- Vehicle – means Your motor vehicle as detailed on the Personal Service Plan Information Schedule.
- We, Us, Our – means The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited (registered number 94279C), whose registered office is at 3rd Floor, St Georges Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1EE.
PARTIES AND COMMENCEMENTThis Service Plan is between You and Us. It shall be binding on all parties only when the initial payment has been paid by You and received by the Administrator.
GEOGRAPHICAL LIMITSUnited Kingdom, which means Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and for the avoidance of doubt shall include the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
CUSTOMERS OBLIGATIONSYou will:
- Pay the initial payment and all of the monthly payments to the Administrator by direct debit.
- Produce to the Dealer the appropriate documentation prior to each Service being carried out.
- Notify the Administrator if Your principal address, as shown on the Personal Service Plan Schedule, changes.
- Notify the Administrator if the registration plate identification or any other identification mark of the Vehicle changes.
- Not make, or permit to be made, any mechanical alterations or modifications to the Manufacturer's standard specification for the Vehicle without obtaining the prior written consent from Us.
- Have made sufficient payments in advance in order to meet the cost of the Service.
DEALER OBLIGATIONSThe Dealer on Our behalf will be responsible for:
- Carrying out Servicingof the Vehicle in accordance with the Schedule of Work as soon as is reasonably practicable after being requested to do so by You and on You producing to the Dealer the appropriate documentation for each Service.
- Submitting a request for authorisation through Our web application immediately before each Service is carried out on the Vehicle.
- Issuing documentation to You appropriate to the Schedule of Work. The documentation will be printed with an expiry date, which indicates the latest date on which the Service may be carried out.
- Please note Cambelts are NOT covered under this Personal Service Plan.
ASSIGNMENTYou may, subject to payment being received in full, transfer their rights and obligations under this Service Plan to a subsequent owner of the Vehicle provided that they give written notice of the transfer to Us stating the name and address of the transferee and the date of transfer.
TERMINATIONThis Personal Service Plan shall terminate on the earliest of the following events:
- At the end of this Personal Service Plan as set out in the Service Plan Information Schedule;
- On reaching the end mileage specified on the Schedule of Work, allowing appropriate leeway where a Service is due under the Personal Service Plan;
- On the Vehicle having received all Servicingcovered by the Service Plan;
- On Us giving notice of cancellation in writing to You, which shall not be given unreasonably;
- Where You are in breach of any of Your obligations under this Personal Service Plan; or
- On being cancelled by You under clause 8 (CANCELLATION).
- This Personal Service Plan may be cancelled by You:
- Or your personal Representative(s) on Your death;
- On the theft of the Vehicle where the Vehicle is not recovered;
- On the sale of the Vehicle, where the Personal Service Plan is not transferred under clause 6;
- On the Vehicle being declared by an insurance company to be a total loss as a result of accidental damage;
- Within 14 days of the date this Personal Service Plan was purchased.
- In the event of termination or cancellation:
- On termination under clause 7.3 or 7.4 or cancellation under clause 8.1.1 to 8.1.4 We will calculate the total Servicingand administration costs (Benefit Taken) up to the date of cancellation and will supply details of these costs to You in writing. In the event of cancellation an administration cost will be retained which includes set-up and payment collection charges. Further details are available from the Administrator on request. In the event that You have paid more than the Benefit Takenthen the excess will be refunded by Us provided that You returned any and all documentation to Us. In the event that You have paid less than the Benefit Takenthen You shall pay Us, within thirty (30) days of the termination date, a sum equivalent to the shortfall.
- Any cancellation or refund request must be made directly to the Dealer. Thereafter, the Dealer will contact Us to arrange the cancellation or refund on Our behalf.
- This Personal Service Plan may be cancelled by You:
AMENDMENTSIn the event that this Personal Service Plan becomes unsuitable for Your Vehicle, for example as a result of You covering more mileage than You originally based the Service Plan on, You may need to cancel this Personal Service Plan and agree a new Personal Service Plan with the Dealer which is suitable to Your changed needs. Where a new Personal Service Plan is entered into, then all calculations will be based on parts and labour costs that are current at the time of the new Personal Service Plan coming into force.
- By signing the Personal Service Plan Information Schedule You agree that the Administrator and We may use personal information relating to You, which is obtained in relation to this Personal Service Plan.
- You may withdraw Your consent under clause 10.1 at any time by writing to the Administrator at the address stated in clause 1.1.
- Your personal information will be used in accordance with clause 14.
- In the event that You lose any documentation, You must notify Us, We will issue replacements upon payment by You of an administration fee.
- We may declare void any Personal Service Plan where the Personal Service Plan Information Schedule does not correctly indicate the exact Vehicle type, model age and indicated mileage.
- If it is established following the receipt of the Service that the conditions of this Personal Service Plan as laid down have not been fully complied with, then it is hereby expressly agreed and declared that We shall be released from a liability for that particular Service.
- If You or anyone acting on Your behalf provides Us with information which is inaccurate or fails to disclose any information which may reasonably affect Our provision of this Service, this Personal Service Plan shall be deemed to be invalid.
- The terms and conditions of the Personal Service Plan cannot be altered or amended by any person except by specific written endorsement by Us.
- The mileage quoted in no way guarantees the true distance covered by the Vehicle, and is indicated only as a guide to when Servicingis due. Failure to maintain the odometer (mileage recorder) in working order or disconnecting it or tampering with it will invalidate this Personal Service Plan. Any change of odometer (mileage recorder) must be notified to the Dealer with the new mileage reading within 14 days by recorded delivery or registered post.
- You must contact the Dealer and arrange a convenient appointment for the Vehicle Service.
- The Dealer will input details of the Vehicle Servicingonto Our web application. If sufficient funds have been received by Us to cover the cost of the work that is to be undertaken, then authorisation will be immediate. In the event of there being insufficient funds received by Us, the Service will not be authorised by Us unless We receive confirmation from the Dealer that it has received the shortfall from You. Please note that a Service will only be carried out if and when there are sufficient funds within the Personal Service Plan and not before.
- Take the Vehicle to the Dealer, where the Personal Service Plan was purchased (unless notified otherwise by Us
HOW TO BOOK A SERVICE
COMPLAINTS AND CONCILIATION
- For complaints relating to the Service please contact the Dealer.
- For all other complaints not relating to the Service please contact the Administrator - Customer Relations TWG Services Limited, The Aspen Building, Floor 2, Vantage Point Business Village, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in relation to the information you supply is Us.
- Your data may be transferred to any country, including countries outside the European Economic Area for any of these purposes and for systems administration. Where this happens, we will both ensure that anyone to whom we pass your information agrees to treat Your information with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of Your information (for which we will both charge a small fee) and to correct any inaccuracies.
- We may record telephone calls for staff training and evidential purposes.
THE PARTIESPlease note that Your Personal Service Plan is with Us and nobody else. We are responsible for the performance of this Personal Service Plan.
The Dealer performs the Service in relation to Your Vehicle on Our behalf.