If you’re thinking of selling your car to us and don’t know where to start, don’t worry. We’ve put a few bits together to help you out.
The assumptions we have made
Unless you have told us otherwise, these are the things that we have assumed about your car in order to value it. Take a look through:
· It hasn’t got a personalised plate
· It isn’t an import
· It hasn’t ever been subject to an insurance write- off or used for private hire, rental, driving tuition or as a police vehicle
· It has no damage, including interior or mechanical
· It isn’t a non-runner
· It has two sets of keys
· It has at least 6 months’ MOT
What you need to bring in store
We want to get your car sold, and you into your next one as soon as we can! So, if you bring the items on the list below, we can get the ball rolling as soon as we can:
· V5 registration document (logbook)
· MOT certificate
· Service history
· Main key and spare keys
· Your bank card or bank statement (Showing your sort code and account number and dated within 3 months)
· Photo ID (driving licence or passport)
· 1 x address ID (in your name and at your current address, which matches the address on your V5 Registration Document. Acceptable documents include bank statements, gas/electricity bills, credit card statements, mortgage statements, council tax statement, phone/water bills but these must be dated within 3 months.)
If you’re selling on behalf of someone else…
If you’re coming in to sell a car for someone else, then there a few more things you need to do.
You need to bring:
· A headed letter of authority
· An alternative contact number
The payment for the car will be made to the person registered on the V5, so, if you are selling on behalf of someone else, you need to ensure that you have their bank details so they payment can be made to the owner.
Please be aware that the payment cannot be made to the person's bank account who has brought the car in. The bank details will need to match the name on the V5 in order to receive payment.
We look forward to seeing you!