What is Mercedes-Benz AMG-Line?
Merc’s AMG-Line trim is highly sought after and offers the look of the sporty AMG cars, without the high running costs. Although there are slight variations between the cars in Merc’s range, they all have the following in common:
The AMG-Line cars have a sporty design edge, with AMG bodystyling and various other features across the range. The A-Class, for example, has a diamond radiator grille with pins in chrome and silver louvre with chrome insert.
All cars with this trim have upgraded brakes and sports suspension, offering a firmer ride. The alloy wheels are AMG, with a minimum diameter of 18-inch, which fill out the wheel arches better. You also get, what Mercedes calls “sports direct-steer system,” which offers more agile vehicle response on winding roads and increases straight-line stability.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class AMG-Line Exterior Features
- 18" AMG alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design painted titanium grey with a high-sheen finish
- AMG bodystyling
- Brakes – front brake calipers with ‘Mercedes-Benz’ branding
- Brakes – perforated front brake discs
- Diamond radiator grille with pins in chrome and silver louvre with chrome insert
- Lowered comfort suspension (lowered by 15mm rear and 20mm front)
- Sports Direct-Steer system
Mercedes-Benz C-Class AMG-Line Exterior Features
- 18"AMG alloy wheels – 5 spoke design painted titanium grey
- AMG bodystyling – front apron, rear apron and side skirts
- Sports braking system with perforated front brake discs
- Sports Direct-Steer system with speed-sensitive steering
- Sports suspension
Mercedes-Benz E-Class AMG-Line Exterior Features
- 19"AMG alloy wheels – 5 twin-spoke design painted titanium grey
- AMG bodystyling – front and rear apron, side sill panels
- Brake discs – perforated with ‘Mercedes-Benz’ branding
- Privacy glass for rear side windows and rear windscreen
As the AMG-Line is the sporty trim, you get sport-style front seats and a flat-bottomed multifunction steering wheel. There are also a few other subtle features, like steel sports pedals, unique stitching in the upholstery and AMG floor mats.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class AMG-Line Interior Features
- AMG floor mats with red stitched edging
- Brushed stainless steel sports pedals with rubber studs
- Carbon fibre-look trim
- Sports seats with upholstery in black ARTICO leather¹/
- DINAMICA microfibre with red contrast stitching
- Steering wheel – 12-button multifunction leather steering wheel, 3 spoke design with perforated grip area, flattened bottom section and red contrast stitching
Mercedes-Benz C-Class AMG-Line Interior Features
- AMG sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- AMG sports seats in ARTICO leather
- Analogue clock (automatic transmission only)
- Floor mats – black with ‘AMG’ lettering
- Silver steering wheel gearshift paddles (automatic transmission only)
- Steering wheel – 3 spoke multifunction AMG steering wheel in black Nappa leather with a flattened bottom section, chrome inserts and perforated leather in the grip area
Mercedes-Benz E-Class AMG-Line Interior Features
- AMG Line floor mats
- ARTICO leather upper dashboard and beltlines with contrast stitching
- Black open-pore ash wood trim and centre console
- Black roof lining
- Brushed stainless steel AMG sports pedals with black rubber studs
- Seat Comfort package – driver and front passenger seat
- Electro-pneumatic four-way lumbar support and manual seat cushion depth adjustment (6cm)
- Silver door pins
- Steering wheel – 3 spoke multifunction AMG steering wheel in black Nappa leather with a flattened bottom section, chrome inserts with touch control buttons
Final Verdict – Should you buy a Merc AMG-Line?
This is entirely up to you. The additional features on AMG-Line cars are mostly cosmetic, so it comes down to personal taste. They will carry at least a £1,000 premium on the used car market on top of the next trim down, the Sport, which has more than everything you’ll need and is more common than the AMG-Line. Definitely the one to look out for if you’re not interested in the cosmetic aspect of the AMG-Line.
CarShop stock a wide range of used Mercedes-Benz cars across 9 showrooms. Click here to see our full range.